Monday 23 February 2015

Summer essentials

                                     
                             
                             

Usually i'm not much of a summer girl and prefer autumn and spring over summer any day. Actually scratch that I love summer and the feeling it brings with the sun kissing my skin, scattering a million freckles on my face. Warm summer nights sitting outside having a barbecue or going for a late night swim. However it's when the weather decides to be over 35 degrees that i start questioning my love of summer. When all you want is to sit inside with the air con on the coolest setting after having just come from outside drenched in sweat (Maybe a bit TMI).

Anyway lets move on from that. I thought today I would share with you in the above pictures my favourite trusty summer items. Now that it's hit the brim of summer and autumn is slowly approaching I thought it was the perfect time to share with you all what has got me through summer so far.

In my beloved summer hand bag(s) I will most likely be carrying invisible zinc. Now my skin is really fair and when the sun has been warming up the beautiful weather its also warming my skin into a wonderful shade of shrimp or even close towards the colour of a tomato. Yep, so to keep my skin protected I love to use the Invisible Zinc sun screen. There are no nasty chemicals that must sun screens have and it even helps your skin tan just that little bit. Now invisible zinc can be a little on the pricy side, but trust me your skin will thank you for it.

To keep fresh and smelling like a daisy, one of my all time favourite perfume brands is Marc Jacobs Daisy (See what I did there). At the moment I am completely in love of the Daisy Dream scent. It's has a clean fresh scent with some sweet undertones that can be perfect to wear all year around. People are constantly asking me what kind of perfume I use because they love the scent (bonus).

Staying on the smelling fresh side. The deodorant I love to use and works the best for me would have to be Dove Original or invisible. Either is fine, it keeps the nasty bio smell away especially while sweating a bucket full during summer and it gives you the confidence the rest of the day to know you are smelling fresh.

My trusty Ray Ban sunglasses might be one of my all-time favourite gift given to me. Unfortunately they were limited edition, but on the inside of the glasses they have little doodles of London. Yep who doesn't love London?

Last but least which isn't a hand bag essential, but have brought me a lot of joy through out summer so far are my Birkenstock Arizona sandals. A lot of people have been raving about them and I thought I would pop into a store to see what all the fuss was about for myself. When I walked into the store I saw these dark brown sandals with rose gold metal clips. Naturally that was the pair of shoes i wanted to try on. Never have my feet felt so comfortable before. the sole is so comfortable and supportive its like little cushions for your feet. Honestly, they are a little on the expensive side, but if you have a little money set aside for a good pair of shoes these are definitely the ones to buy, especially as they will last you a pretty good amount of time.

I hope you enjoyed reading my post, 
until next time!!

Nicole xoxo

No comments: